View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
jsceash

Garage
I'm sure I'll get flamed but hear goes. I've done 4 LN bearings.

1. I bought the LN bearing and tool kit 2010 when I replaced the clutch in my 2.7 original motor (36.5K). This was done with the motor in the car, with LNs tools. I pinned the crank. Locked the cams released tension on the chain as note on Pelican's instruction and I used set screws that were 35mm long they worked out just fine. This motor was removed running at about 47K January 2013.

2. My 3.2/3.6 motor upgrade rebuild. I replace with LN bearing when the motor was going back together. I pulled it with LN's tool, installed with a press and LNs sleeve. This was done the winter of 2012-13 along with an LN cylinder resize, pistons, valves, springs, all gaskets bearings and some head work. Other than the LN cylinder work, everything else I did. It ran great the first time it turned over.

3. I removed the 3.6 motor again with a lot of on track time this past winter 2014-15 to make sure there was no serious problems because it had a lifter tap on cylinder 4. While it was out I decided to make more improvements ended up adding new rods, bearings, gaskets, heads from a 2006 that were almost new just over 10,000 miles machine work on the heads, and another new LN bearing. The bearing again the same way as the last one, was done as the motor was being reassembled. It ran well and has been track tested.

4. My Insurance motor the original 2.7 just finished rebuilding from the inside out. Stock everything but a LN sump spacer X51 style baffle and new LN IMS.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote