View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 AM   #10
Allen K. Littlefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Box View Post
I have noticed that none of the Boxster sites has a particular thread that relates to Tiptronic transmissions so I thought I would start one that caters to Tiptronic issues, solutions, general knowledge and conversation.
My 1999 Boxster came with a Tiptronic trans which I generally drive in "M" mode and after five years of use still thoroughly enjoy and would not go back to a stick. It has operated flawlessly in AX, DE and spirited back road driving. I've never had a problem keeping up with more powerful cars on twisty road driving and my left foot enjoys tapping the footrest while my thumbs do the shifting work. I enjoy the fact that I can't over rev the car and I'll never miss a shift and don't have to "paddle the canoe" in traffic or worry about roll back on hills with stop signs.
I hope this can be a place to help one another with Tiptronic issues that may arise, although mine has performed without incident.
+ 1 on your take on the TIP. Don't forget there are 5 driving 'maps' in the computer that ups the performance depending on your driving style. Good to know it would handle more HP as it certainly could use more....
AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote