View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #12
steved0x

I've always wondered - if the difference between the two is just the size of the oil reservoir, could somebody mod the original AOS so that is can hold more volume, maybe by adding a piggyback container that joined to the side so that the AOS would not overfill with oil and give it a little more time to exit in the proper way. I wonder if there is even room. Or the hose that takes the oil from the AOS and returns it to the engine - could it be replaced with a longer hose, thereby providing a little extra capacity, maybe just enough to keep the oil from overfilling the AOS.

Just random thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seningen View Post
This can also happen if you overfill your oil. Remember to check it when it is warm.

Mike
Yeah, I have blown the smoke bomb once at the track, in my case I had accidentally filled the oil 1-2 bars over the full line just as you describe. The power cut out of the car (similar to when the TC comes on or when you hit the rev limiter), flashing CEL for a few seconds, reading the code later it was misfires on a couple of cylinders. It was scary.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote