View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 AM   #10
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I also worry about the use of linear interpolation on a data set (acceleration) that is decidedly non-linear - especially in 1st and 2nd gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
Exactly. Look at the published HP and torque curves and they are definitely non linear.

But i applaud the OP's thought experiment and attempt.
That was a hard thing to try and figure. On a couple of my pulls I recorded an RPM reading that was 3000, 4000, 5000, or 6000, and as an experiment, I would delete the elapsed time for that record and use one of my formulas to see what the calculated time would be for that RPM using the 2 surrounding records. I was able to get close, but in terms of the differences in the runs, it was not that close. Especially in 1st and 2nd where the RPMs increase by hundreds in between readings, it was way off.... I think I could tweak my formulas to extrapolate a better time but it exceeded my current math knowledge

If I could get more readings per second (maybe by disabling the graphed display of the data on the laptop using the durametric) there is a residential airpark near my house that has a paved runway with a crossing street at both ends. When I drive by it on the way to one of my favorite curvy roads I fantasize about turning in and making a "wrong" turn and making a high speed run down that runway... It would be good for making runs in both directions...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote