View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 11:33 AM   #10
juiced99ws6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Well, from an audiphile pont of view i would say it's a NO GO.

Yes you can put full range speakers in the doors and keep the stock speakers in the dash board. But that will sound indifferent. The stage moves from the dasboard down to the knees. Which is a no go for people that love music and a correct staging.

If you cut a OEM harness. Please think about that you can never build your car back to OEM standard without changing the complete harness. This might be OK for daily rollers. But not for people who like to keep their car original.

So i would recommend to think 5 minutes what to do before you start doing anything.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards from germany
Markus
I never said to keep the stock dash speakers. What i gathered from his original post was that he intended on adding new dash speakers, head unit, and powered woofer. I was saying in addition to do the door speakers as well since he was doing the others... that would completely refresh the entire audio system with minimal work.

Yes, once you cut wires you are deviating from the original factory stereo. If the sale of a porsche boxster comes down to every single wire in the car being untouched then i can see your point but he is obviously modifying the dash speaker mounts and to bypass the amp you can either just leave it useless in the front or just remove and stow wires for future use for a true hardcore enthusiast. If this route is take that means running all new wires through the car..... those are the options.
juiced99ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote