View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:47 AM   #8
Smallblock454

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
No, you will not need to run new wires and I HIGHLY recommend bypassing the stock amp. If you are good with wiring you will see exactly what needs done with you open everything up. On the amp bypass just remove the amp and you will have two separate connectors. One with thicker wires and one with thinner. One plug will have 8 wires and I believe 11 or so in the other. Cut the plugs off and mate up the wires from the plug that had 8 with the wires from the other plug of same color. You will have 2 or three wires left after your 8 splices, just cap and stow them. They were just for power remote and ground on your amp.

Wires behind dash are a tad trickier but not much. You have a separate connector that used to connect for your amp output, it was used instead of traditional RCAs. Those wires are the other end of the wires you spliced for the amp bypass. Only difference is there should be either 5 or 6, i cant remember. You will have at least 4 separate wires that are for the high side, or positive, for each speaker. You will have either 1 wire that splits off to 4 or 2 that split off to four (been a little while) and those are for your negatives. As long as you get all the positives right and wired to your aftermarket stereo harness you can splice all the negatives together for the low side and will work like a champ.

You should also replace your door speakers because those were made to be a Subwoofer only and now will be getting full range signal. Replace those and you will have 4 speakers MUCH louder and clearer than before. Will take a couple hours and just a few bucks in wiring materials plus speakers and head unit and you will love it.
Well, from an audiphile pont of view i would say it's a NO GO.

Yes you can put full range speakers in the doors and keep the stock speakers in the dash board. But that will sound indifferent. The stage moves from the dasboard down to the knees. Which is a no go for people that love music and a correct staging.

If you cut a OEM harness. Please think about that you can never build your car back to OEM standard without changing the complete harness. This might be OK for daily rollers. But not for people who like to keep their car original.

So i would recommend to think 5 minutes what to do before you start doing anything.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards from germany
Markus

Last edited by Smallblock454; 02-27-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote