View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #11
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meir View Post
Just to make sure I follow.
The two FW that you are competing are both new?
To answer your question No. I have a brand new LUK 98611401201 (2.7L 5-SPD) OE Flywheel. I'm comparing that to a Lightly Used LUK 98611401206 (3.2 L 6-SPD) purchased from a dismantler. Less than 10K. The surface is just lightly polished enough that you can tell where the clutch disc road, the machine groves are still fully visible.

I've asked before what alternatives I had for my Base car with a 3.6 motor without going to a LWFW to have better C, PP, FW longevity. It looked like I could use a 98611401206 (3.2 L 6-SPD) DMFW, on the 5-SPD as a more suitable option base on the horsepower I output. I believe this is my next step base on the comparison. I have no doubt that it will fit at this point. No, I don't intend to put the used one in my car. Obviously it was more cost effective to buy a used one for a comparison, this way if it didn't fit I'm not discarding a new flywheel or giving it a way for 1/3 what I paid.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote