View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
steved0x

Somebody on here has done Accusump for under $500 by buying the parts directly and not one of the pre-made kits. I don't recall who it is though.

For non R-Comp guys like myself, I am given to understand that my biggest possible issue is if my oil gets too hot, and I lose oil pressure or shear strength (I am probably saying it wrong but whichever it is that happens when your oil gets too hot)

I have the 160 thermostat and at my last track weekend (in cool January weather...) The needle did not budge off of the 180 except for my last session when I ran part of the track in a lower gear so I could launch out of a couple corners better. The other time it budged was sitting in the grid waiting to go out on the track and we got delayed because of an incident.

I know that once you get going the thermostat will be wide open and the engine will get to where it is going to get to, but if I start a session lower due to the low temp thermostat maybe that result in less time at the higher temp? Again just thinking out loud.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote