View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
Luv2Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMass View Post
I've been looking to upgrade the interior a little. Checked out some of the wood Dash kits. I do not think I would use the full kits just maybe some key pieces to add a little sophistication or flare.

What is the experience with these?
They fit over the existing pieces...does this make all the buttons severely recessed?
Do they look good? or do not do that to Your Boxter S your going to wish you hadn;t?
After trying out the real Porsche wood (read expensive) and dealing with cracks and veneer separation from sun exposure I bought a wood kit from eBay from a guy who bought one nine years ago and never installed it. I got it for $59.00 and have installed most of the pieces. The key is to get a preparation swab for the plastic surfaces before you apply the kit so the kit pieces adhere properly. If you decide to get a kit I'll supply you with a site that sells them the cheapest.
I'm very happy with the dark burl wood kit I bought and if I ever become unhappy with it I can take a hair dryer to it and remove it without damaging the original plastic it was applied to and I'm only out a few dollars versus the $$$$$ that Porsche gets for their wood interior pieces.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote