View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by luci5r View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread just yet, but looking for some Tire advice now.

I'm sticking with 17" and Michelin, Continental & BF Goodrich seem nice, but also seem to be almost twice the cost. Before I jump into them, wanted to see how some other, 2nd tier brands are, like Toyo, Hankook, Sumitomo, Falken, etc.

I'm only interested in city driving. Lately it has been raining a bit here so that is definitely one concern; wet roads performance.

I do understand the top tier (Michelin, etc.) will probably last longer; but would like to compare other aspects, given the major cost difference.

Thanks!
As you said they are 2nd tier tires. What we see over & over again on forums is people replace these tires before they are worn out due to a rough ride/&or noisy ride.
It is hard to get useful advice from most people about tires since they are inevitably comparing old tires they want to replace with new tires they just bought.
Ask the guys at wheel Enhancement that question. They may have new car take-off wheels &or tires also. TireRack website is where I begin any wheel/tire search for info.