View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
Luv2Box

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomonomics View Post
My 03 2.7 is currently up on the lift getting a new clutch/IMS Pro/AOS/RMS.

While sitting here in withdrawal (no Box for the last two weeks due to the work being done and holiday vacations at the indy) I've been thinking about my first few weeks when I get the car back. The IMS Pro has a 30 day warranty, so I'm wondering if I should drive the car pretty aggressively in the first few weeks, just to ensure that everything sounds/feels right.

I trust my indy 100%, and obviously have confidence in the LN Engineering retrofit. But I can't help thinking I should make an effort to put some miles on the car during the first 30 days, that way in the unlikely event something is wrong I will know sooner, rather than in three months.

Any thoughts from those that have had IMS upgrades? Anyone routinely drive 'harder' when getting a car back from any kind of major repair/upgrade?

Or should I just stop worrying and learn to love the bomb? (Even though in this case, I've replaced the main bomb!)

-T
Keep in mind that warranty only covers the bearing. If it blows and grenades your motor your stuck with the repair/replacement of the motor. I just drove normal after mine was replaced three years ago which included AX, DE and back road "spirited" driving.
Luv2Box is offline   Reply With Quote