View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
jsceash

Garage
I have researched. You may try 99610504172.They supersede the others no real difference. This was mostly because the 2005 and 2006 987.1 engine they change all the number but many of the part are the same. Dealer show number superseded

I used an electronic stethoscope the noise was coming from the intake side of cylinder 4. Also where I found the tappets that do not pop back they are compress continuously at least while cold. I did notice that once the engine was hot the sound became less noticeable so I plan to steel my wife's electric fry pan and do the hot cleaning suggested. I may still replace them all anyway.

The sump was spotless and the filters have been clean since the first oil change after I rebuilt the engine and run in March 2013. The only things not replaced at that time was the cams, Lifter (tappets) and Tappet housings. I should have replace the tappets.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote