View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #12
Porsche9

Did all the right things with my daughter in terms of training and this still happened.

A safe car adds that extra layer of protection. In this case it was a multi car pile up caused by someone cutting in and hitting the brakes hard and every else not keeping enough space to be able to stop safely. She was at the back end of that pile up. Fortunately she was relatively unhurt with just some bruising and scratches. The Beetle was totaled. Since she had her provisional license and was at fault she could have lost her license. The judge went "easy" on her and put her license on probation for 2 years. If she got any ticket or another accident she would lose her license for a year. Arizona is pretty strict with young drivers. She is also paying for the increased insurance costs out of her pocket.

I would not recommend a Boxster or any Porsche for a young driver. Too much of a temptation to do something stupid. A nice boring used four door mid or full size sedan is the route to go. My daughter is now driving a 10 year old Honda Accord.
89 944 S2
78 911SC

Last edited by Porsche9; 12-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote