View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #1433
986_c6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
I added the rear speakers a few weeks ago.
I used the kit from ebay

WOW what a difference. I can actually hear the stereo now
Yes! A much needed upgrade for Boxsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
Ordered new boots for the Boxster from the local Discount Tire shop.

Four Cooper Zeon RS-3As; total cost out the door $477.83 which includes mounting, lifetime spin balancing, rotation and repair, disposal and sales tax.

I still have decent tread on my current fronts, but the rears are getting a little too worn for comfort. I got 28,000 miles on this set of RS-3As, and that includes several DEs, rallies, "Sunday Drives", Boxstoberfests and PCA Paloozas.

I suppose I could have driven a few more months on the current set, but I really feel that November is the best time to buy new tires. Cool temps, and it's always great to have maximum tread depth for the winter.

The Coopers are not Pilots, but they wear well, are quiet, and offer decent grip, even in the wet. Plus they work at temps below 40°. There's a 40,000 mile warranty on these tires, so when I return for a new set, I'll get a prorate on new tires. I've been going to Discount Tire for 20 years now, and they've always treated me great, especially with the free rotation and balancing every time I bring one of our cars in. In fact, the only time I have to open my wallet is when I purchase new tires.

Just sayin'.........

TO
I have used the Cooper RS-3A's on my other vehicles and very good tire for the price.

For me, just drove the Boxster to work, which is a normal day. BUT, I still get cheers and thumbs up when I past an elementary school:dance:
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote