Thread: IMS Monday
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Allen K. Littlefield

IMS Friday

Well got it back today. No debris found in sump or oil pump pick up. No debris found in filter and nothing on magnetic plug. Wen ahead with the double row ceramic LN bearing, new RMS, new AOS and spin on filter. Oil is Castrol syntec 5x40 So far runs just fine and "seems?" a bit peppier. Will have to check cam deviation and compare to before IMS change although I don't know if one would affect the other. Took it in on Monday and have it tucked in the garage here on Friday. Old IMS bearing looks just fine and I suppose I should mail it in to LN for them to check out and set the 30 day warranty. Peace of mind now as I plan on keeping this car indefinitely. All in all pleased with the work. Anybuddy in the Mid Hudson area needs this done they should look up Advancedautomitvenw (New Windsor, NY) for an appointment. Glad I got the preventive work done prior to any trash showing up in the oil filter.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote