Thread: IMS Monday
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #5
Allen K. Littlefield

My luck...

...that I was referring to in my first post. Seems my RMS is not leaking but just oozing a bit but not enough to drip. When dealership fixed this a few years ago they said I would not have to worry about it again. My local shop that is doing the work says that seal is probably not the latest one and recommends replacing it again. I said go ahead but now the bill is beginning to grow beyond budget to have IMS and AOS replaced. Also tranny had a few bolts that needed replacing, one with a time sert as it galled on the way out and one that had a washer on it. TIP was a bit more tricky to remove than standard so that will add a little more labor time to the mix. Just hope I don't get another phone call today. I will see Tom at our board meeting tonight and see what's cooking.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote