View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
steved0x

If the window drops when you open the handle, but then pops right back up when you release the handle, and the dome light does not come on when the door is open, the computer thinks the door is closed. That is the microswitch in the door lock assembly. My passenger side does that (thankfully it is the passenger side). My workaround is to lower the window slightly when letting passengers in/out. I bought a "new" door lock assembly from someone parting their car out a while back but just haven't gotten around to installing it. The 101 Projects has a couple of pretty good articles on replacing this part, as does the Bentley. If you search on Renntech.org (I cannot from my work computer) there is a DIY and a set of topics about this issue, and also one or two guys that have replaced the microswitch in the door lock assembly, and it has part numbers. I have ordered the microswitches from this topic but haven't dived down into that door yet. Sometimes disassembling and cleaning and lubricating will revive the microswitch, but if you are going to be in there anyway you may as well replace. Check with user itsnotanova, he is always parting out a lot of boxsters and he may be able to set you up with a replacement assembly.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote