View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
halffast986

P1341 - Looking for NE Atlanta area indy and/or advice

I've been 'fighting' (clearing) this code on my '01 (5-spd) for months. I'll clear everything, make a few 5-10 mile drives, then the same code throws again. I've done some reading around and I see the diagnosis is "Camshaft Adjustment, Bank 1 – Below Limit". I talked to my local big shop yesterday and was told this is likely either the Cam Position Sensor (~$500 job) or VarioCam unit (~$2500 job )...both a little pricey on a college budget, a VarioCam diagnosis would likely require me to sell the car or some body organs, neither of which I want to do, especially selling the car!!

I wanted to check here and see if you all had any suggestions for anything else I can look at to be sure I'm not just throwing away money. I don't have Durametric, but was also curious if there was any way I could diagnose this with other tools (I have basic code scanner, multi-meter, standard tools, etc.). I consider myself pretty mechanically savvy, just not sure what I'd be looking for on this one.

Let me know if you all can think of anything else I can look at before I take this to a shop for the Durametric testing...also, looking for any suggestions for Atlanta area shops or indys that anyone could suggest for a job like this.

Things I have tried as suggested here: cleaned MAF, changed oil, cleaned terminals on Cam Sensor.

Last edited by halffast986; 10-21-2014 at 09:15 AM. Reason: title change
halffast986 is offline   Reply With Quote