View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
steved0x

Totalled? Not my Boxster thankfully but my beloved 1996 Tacoma

In what seems to be a common occurrence for members of this forum, my 1996 Toyota Tacoma was severely impacted at 12:06 AM this morning while it was parked in my girlfriend's driveway...

She lives on a 4 lane highway with a turning lane (so 5 lanes) with a 45 mph speed limit. Last night a car was driving on the opposite ride of the road at about 50 MPH when another car exited a parking lot right in front of the first car. They hit, and the 50 mph car cross over the 5 lanes and into my GF yard where she hit the back of my truck and drove it forward about 20 feet into a glancing collision with the side of her house.

The fun part? The at fault driver only has $15,000 in property damage insurance. Welcome back to FL... I guess I should be happy they have insurance at all. This is the third not-at-fault incident in the year since I have been back here... Prior to this.. no incidents.

The other two cars are massively totaled with no hope of saving, the at fault car was a Camry and the whole left side is wiped out with the front totally destroyed. The other car was a 2002 Passat and the front and right sides are destroyed, with my GF yard full of chunks of what looks like broken engine casing.

I really hope they don't total my truck, I bought it new in 1996 and it has been trouble free over the last 200,000 miles, and I planned to keep it until the day I died...

It still drives, I took it down to a collision shop to see what they thought. They are going to let me know...

Hook me up with some tips: is there any way I can help compel them to not total my truck without declining to file a claim? It still drives, I wouldn't mind fixing up the major damage and living with some cosmetic damage as long as I get paid

Thank you,

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote