View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 04:44 PM   #16
steved0x

Each one I have been to has had some mechanical incidents. At Roebling a few weeks ago somebody spilled coolant all over the track, and then later another older 911 dumped all his oil out, and then drove it all the way around the track where he finally ground to a stop, smoke pouring out the back. Then they shut the track down for about an hour while tractors with oil-dry kitty litter type pellets, sweepers, and all kinds of stuff were used to clean it up. I heard somebody say that was like $100 a bag and they used a lot of it. And I guess it is on the driver to pay for that.

I've had my breakdown (on the way to Sebring, so hopefully it still counts ) and hopefully I don't have another one for a while...

Nobody rolled their car is hit anything that time which was good. In June at Road Atlanta a Cadillac CTS-V over cooked it into turn 1 and rolled a few times, and a 911 got sideways coming over the hill into turn 12, tried to save it, and then when traction regained he flew off track to the right into the wall. All his airbags deployed and it tore up the right side of the car. Me and my son saw that one because we were in the hospitality/media building getting some AC. Ouch. I was very timid my next session and running laps around 5 seconds slower than my other sessions...

It is still great fun!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote