View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Very cool video! A few thoughts...

Great track, looks like a lot of fun. I'd love to drive there some day.

Those tire walls that create the chicane on the back straight look, uh, ... a little dangerous. A driver would hate to make a mistake there. I guess if they set up cones, they would just get knocked down and then drivers would be going straight through without slowing. Still, those tire barriers look pretty big and look fairly solid to be that close to the driving line.

I like your lap timer up next to the rear view mirror. Nice place to put it so its easy to see without moving your eyes completely off the road.

I was glad to see that you over-cooked it a bit on the turn into the infield portion about mid-way through the first video! Hey, that's how you find the limit! You did a nice job recovering and kept yourself and the car under control. So many others do not do nearly as well. Good job!

And speaking of car control, yours is very good. You are very smooth with your inputs to the car (steering, brakes, and throttle) and that helps to keep the car balanced and planted. Excellent job there!

I would say that you could attack those apex's a little harder/closer and remember to use all of the track on turn exit (unwind the steering wheel and let it roll out more). You'll be amazed at how much faster you can go using all of the track.

And last, a nit but worth mentioning, try to remember to get that right hand back on the wheel in between shifts. I only notice this because I have a tendency to do the same thing and an instructor once said to me; "You'll get a lot better feedback with that hand on the steering wheel as compared to it resting on top of the shift lever". He was right.

Last, if you haven't thought about an X51 oil baffle or similar, you might want to. Those long fast NASCAR banked turns can reduce oil pressure significantly.

Overall, you looked great! Keep up the good work.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 09-15-2014 at 07:26 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote