View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
Pominoz

Thumbs up Just got my first Porsche

Hi Everybody,
I've been signed up here for a few weeks so it's about time I showed you my new (to me) Boxster. This forum has already been invaluable in helping me pick this car, that I bought off of the original owner It's a 2002 base manual, black on black, 18 inch wheels, and unusually for 2002, Litronic lights, so no nasty orange indicators. I had a PPI done, which was worth every penny for piece of mind. The original owner has been super careful with it so it's in about as good condition as I think you could get for the year. He even put mats on top of the original Porsche mats to keep them like new! Only done 85K Kilometres, so it should last me a while as it's going to continue being a garage queen, although I don't hold back when I'm driving it. A few of my friends have assumed it was brand new when they first saw it, and interestingly most have thought it was a Ferrari as well. Strange. It's an absolute ton of fun to drive as you all know, the only downside is that we pay SO much for cars in Australia compared to you lucky people in the US. Now all I have to consider is the usual IMS question. My current plan is to get that done when the clutch wears out, and to try not to worry too much until then By the way, I've seen a few comments that the Boxster base is too slow. I'm happy to say that I have no complaints on the performance front at all having driven it a few times. I'm not sure what the problem is!

Last edited by Pominoz; 09-12-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Pominoz is offline   Reply With Quote