View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Stiletto Pat

Giller,

I'm selling the car because I have to relocate for work, and my replacement house only has a 2 car garage - no room for one of our cars, so selling it makes sense for me at this point, which avoids the costs of transporting it out west.

I forgot to mention that the car will come with an autographed Wayne Dempsey 101 projects for the Boxster, plus an original 2003 Porsche Boxster Sales book, which I think is always a cool thing to have.

I've attended the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit for the past 2 years, and get to see a lot of fine 986 cars, but this car always draws a lot of attention. It drives great, especially with the Fabspeed exhaust.

As to Joe B.'s comment, well, all I can say is that I've invested time and money into the car - a lot of little extras, trying to make it as good as it can be, and I happen to think the price is pretty well warranted, based on running some sales numbers in Edmunds and other used car sites that take mileage, condition, options, etc., into arriving at a price. I've handled all of the maintenance items that have arisen, but have not addressed the IMS situation, and my mechanic has just suggested that I keep an eye on it, slice the oil filters and carefully check every oil change (I change at 3 - 4,000 miles), and then just drive it and enjoy it. Bottom line, I think it's a very sharp car, but it's up to interested individuals to decide if they like the car, and think the car has sufficient merit.

Obviously, if you or someone else is interested, we can always discuss our opinions and negotiate a price that is mutually acceptable.

Pat
Stiletto Pat is offline   Reply With Quote