View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #5
jb92563

I think the perception from those that don't race is that the car was driven HARD and that wears things out faster and causes stuff to break.

Maintenance of a raced car is subjective as some people might run the car hard for years then sell it, while others might run the car hard and then replace lots of stuff and then sell it.

Its hard to know what you are getting in any used car, and ones that were raced puts even more perceived risk into the equation.

More uncertainty and risk = lower perceived value.

However if you can prove the condition with inspection reports and service history that can turn things around.

Personally, if I was looking for an upgraded car, I think the raced cars would be a good place to find one if the current condition and upgraded parts can be verified.

When I first started shopping for a Boxster I turned away from an upgraded 3.4 because I was uninformed, but now being better informed that one would have been a serious contender.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 08-27-2014 at 06:24 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote