View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
steved0x

I have 17's, and before I got my Hankook RS3 I was running the Sumitomo HTR Z III, which was priced very similarly to the Hankook Ventus V12. I was happy with them as a max performance street tire.

When you go to 18s, the Hankook V12 is around $140 more a set than the HTR Z III. My understanding is that they are similar in performance (according to the Tire Rack tests I have seen)

What is surprising to me, in the 18s, the Pole Position S04 is the same price per set as the Hankook V12; I have heard amazing things about the S04 that to me seem to suggest it is a better tire than the HTR Z III/V12.

You mention you went to a PDS? Did you use up the last of your existing street tires, or were you sliding around like a monkey and you are looking for better performing tires? I have never driven the V12 but I did some track days and autocrosses on the HTR Z III and was satisfied with them.

If I had to buy another set of street tires, I would get the HTR Z III again (I still have my old set unmounted, and I have a spare set of wheels that came with Dunlop Direzza DZ101. I took the DZ101 to an autocross and I was the one sliding around like a Monkey... I would not get another set of those)

For track work, I am happy with the RS3 and will probably get them again.

So I guess I probably did not help with your question Just sharing my experiences with the tires I have used.

good luck
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote