View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
steved0x

I had a second guy come out and he put 2.5 lbs of Refrigerant in the system and I am back! He thinks he identified the leak as a cap that you unscrew to do some of the testing, and he sealed it back up with a liquid thread sealer type of deal. He said to monitor it and if it all leaks out quickly then it will be time to dig in and see if we can do some more troubleshooting.

My former brother in law who runs a commercial HVAC company in the panhandle said that sounds like a good approach.

I will say that it is taking a while for the temp to get back down. But I am pretty sure it will be back to 75 by morning. But now I don't have to take the first overpriced solution (I posted on FB and got several folks that said their systems were much less, my old neighbor got a SEER 14 installed for 4500, including the inside and outside part.)

I run it on 75 or 76 in the summer.

Good feedback on the SEER systems. My former brother in law said the same thing too.

I've got a couple of people coming to do quotes tomorrow, including Lowe's and Home Depot, as well as a couple of others.

Thanks everybody!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote