View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #10
jnicholson30

Update - Now have the Diagnostic Codes

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestions. I picked up an OBDII scanner and have the diagnostic codes now.

Also, I cleaned the MAF and re-fitted the AOS. I was able to get the red o-ring farther in, but not completely as I imagine it may have stretched due to being in the prior position. Am thinking of changing the o-ring entirely just to eliminate the variable - a royal pain.

The code I was getting was: "P1411 Secondary Air Injection System". Some other data that came out of the scanner (thanks for the suggestion of STFT/LTFT jb92563):

Engine RPM: 732
MAF Airflow Sensor (g/s) 6.00
Commanded Secondary Air Status OFF
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 (%) -10.9
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 (%) -0.8
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2 (%) -10.9
Long Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2 (%) -0.8

Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1 - Sensor 1 (v) 0.730
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 - Sensor 1 (%) -10.9
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1 - Sensor 1 (v) 0.725
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1 - Sensor 2 (%) - N/A
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1 - Sensor 1 (v) 0.715
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2 - Sensor 1 (%) -9.4
Oxygen Sensor Output Voltage Bank 1 - Sensor 1 (v) 0.705
Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 2 - Sensor 1 (%) -99.2

Not sure if I should be worried about that N/A and 99.2 in the data. There is more data available but these looked to be the most important based upon jb92563's suggestion. I took the car out for a quick 5 min drive and there does seems to be a bit more power in the mid RPM range (perhaps for the MAF cleaning?) but there is still some loss of power at 5,000 RPM and up.

Will drive it more and see if the code comes back. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions on what might be up please let me know. Thanks.

Jeff

----------------------------------------------------------
2000 Boxster S, Arctic Silver / Black
Work performed: Air/oil separator (AOS), alternator, fuel filter, spark plugs & tubes, serpentine belt, throttle body cleaning, aftermarket passenger airbag switch, MAF cleaning
jnicholson30 is offline   Reply With Quote