View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 AM   #4
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
Bendpak is a good brand but I would not buy the one in your link. It doesn't look like it lifts very high and only 3500 lb. rating. If you are going to purchase this type of lift I would look for a scissor lift that lifts 48 ".
^^^ What he said ^^^

I have found that the car needs to be >40" off the ground so I can get under the car to work comfortably (meaning at least sit up straight without hitting your head) and so I can sit while working on the brakes/suspension and not have to bend over while seated.
The Atlas scissor lift is a very good brand and should work fine. The only concern is that at $1500 it is within a few hundred dollars of a four-post lift which has a lot more utility (if you have the head room).

Whomever you buy the lift from should be able to hook you up with shippers who can get the lift to your house. If they won't help arrange that, then find another seller. In my case, I paid $250 to have my four-post lift professionally installed which included the transfer from the freight truck to a flat bed which could fit down my residential driveway.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 07-27-2014 at 09:21 AM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote