Thread: IMS Question
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #8
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 818BoxsterS View Post
Sorry if this has been covered before but I haven't been able to find a clear answer. I have as 2001 boxster S with over 100k miles. A top priority for me was to replace my IMS bearing to the LM Engineering version but recently I have read horror stories where the IMS Bearing failed after it was replaced and I also read that if your bearing lasted past a certain mileage it probably won't fail. Should I or should I not replace the bearing. Any advice would be appreciated.
I've read most of these posts over time. One member with a good reputation in the industry said there were possibly 2 failure both cause by improper installation. Other failures were due to improper timing procedures or car that were not prequalified for a replacement. IE they had chain issues cam issues or other internal problems.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote