View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #12
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony13ca View Post
His asking price is $12k, and that is the cheapest decent Boxster in the Auto trader in Ontario. I don't have a problem with 2k a year to service the car, just trying to avoid over paying for the car, and then having to throw a bunch of money into it!
Overpaying? Hmmmm lets see, $65,000 -12,000= $53,000/16 years = 3,312/yr depreciation.

Boxsters Bottom out price-wise at around $9K for a decent working car so you are 1 year away from the depreciation stopping altogether, and so the $2-3k you have to spend to make the car last 2-5 years longer is a bargain really.

If you buy it as a second car so you can have it down for work now and then without inconvenience (Not considering the serious withdrawl symptoms)
its really a good buy IF it is in the color and engine size you will love.

If you read these forums you will see folks modding their cars for thousands to try gain a few horsepower here and there, so trust in what they are implying, that more power is better, and the smart buyer will wait for an "S" model that would be no more than $1k more than a standard model.

If I were you I'd wait for an "S" and make $15k your budget for it.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote