View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:35 AM   #19
jb92563

Update

Got the replacement MAF sensor from Pelican but attempting to start the car revealed a dead battery showing 10.9 volts, not enough to start the car.

Once a lead acid battery has died there is usually little chance of it being reliable after that so I simply replaced it without trying to revive it.

With the new MAF in place the same issues are still present. However the P1128 and P1130 codes have not come back.

and the RKAT is up around 4.5 which makes me think perhaps there might be an air leak after all.

[Graph place holder]

Wandering Idle, and a random hesitation.
Only codes P0507, P1571 and P0102 now.

However with the car idling in the driveway for some time while I'm looking at various Durametric parameters being graphed
the idle suddenly goes back to normal and the car seems not to exhibit any symptoms anymore.

I take it for a test drive and everything is back to normal.

I shut down, then start up again and its still fine.

WTF ????

Perhaps a bad ground like Wawa suggested?

Maybe those little random FRA spikes are indicating a wiring problem.

I hate these kind of problems, a pain to debug, and if you don't find the issue you can never really trust it to be reliable.

I'll have to start wiggling wires to see if that might be the issue.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 07-07-2014 at 06:49 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote