View Single Post
Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 AM   #18
jb92563

Update.

I replaced the pre CAT O2 sensors and there is no improvement.

I looked inside the CATs with an inspection camera while replacing the O2 sensors and the CATs did not look fouled or damaged in any way.
I also looked at the pistons when replacing the spark plugs and could not make out clearly or understand what I was looking at but it sortof
looked like heavy deposits and the cratered surface of the moon.
Unfortunately the camera would not fit down the spark plug hole so I'm skeptical of what I thought I saw.
Anyone have a reference of what a ~70K mile piston would look like?

I have ruled out:
- Fuel Filter (Replaced)
- Fuel Pressure (Tested OK)
- Fuel Flow (Tested OK)
- Pre CAT O2 sensors (Replaced)
- Air Leaks (Smoke Tested)
- AOS (Replaced)
- Spark Plugs (Replaced)
- Oil cap seal (Replaced)
- Gas cap (Replaced)

I'm still getting the codes 1128, 1130 consistently and sometimes 0507

All the symptoms still point back to the MAF since when I disconnect it the car idles and seems to run normal, although I have not road tested it without MAF.

I returned my new MAF to Pelican and will try another one to see if somehow I got a bad one.

I pray its the MAF because I'm running out of ideas of what it could be.

I considered a bad or intermittent ground or dirty connection but the hesitation happens consistently so a loose connection would be more random I would think.

I had also considered removing the new AOS and reinstalling just in case the port to the engine block is somehow obstructed or to see if the bellows has a tear, although I would have thought that would show up with the smoke test.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 07-07-2014 at 06:23 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote