View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #13
jdlmodelt

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Excellent, That is one thing that will have to be replaces regularly on this trip given the storage space limitations. We are packing clothes for a week and figure on doing laundry then. Even with 2 trunks, they fill up quickly and given the heat that builds up in the rear one, you can't put some things in there. This will be the longest trip we have done in it. Since we are traveling with another couple that we do regular trips with, we can share tools, extra parts, etc with them since their car is identical. Another thing that I have been thinking about is the fact that on the rally we are going east to west and will be losing an hour due to time zone changes every couple of days. That means we have to be up and ready, checked out of the hotel, breakfasted have the car prepared and lined up at the starting line by 7:30 every morning and 7:30 keeps getting earlier.
We have currently raised over 60K for our charity (the accelerated cure project for MS research) and it should keep coming in for a couple of weeks.
What an awesome fun rally. Way to go on the dollars raised. I need to take my wife on a road trip like that. I need to get you my phone number in a PM so you can give me a call or text when you are passing through the Durango area. If I'm in town and able to I'd ride with you for a while.
James
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote