View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #10
mountainman

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen K. Littlefield View Post
Durango is my favorite town in CO. As I am a train buff (you can tell by my avatar) I enjoy riding the Durango & Silverton narrow gauge RR (3ft) and we like to stay in the General Palmer hotel right next to the train station. If you are looking for something to do I highly recommend the train ride to Silverton and back. A journey back in history and will make you appreciate how fast you can get from A to B these days with a car like a Boxster and paved roads. Have fun.

AKL

We have done it several times and already had it on our list for this time as well. Also hoping to get to chama, nm to do that one as well. We used to do a couple of weeks out in the Ouray, telluride, silverton area every year, but it has been about 9 years now since we were last there. This rally gave us incentive to do it all again while we are out there. We do several home exchanges every year and we have one in Ouray and one in Gunnison for this trip. It is a great place to vacation. Got to get a gopro so we can document the great times.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote