Thread: Oil Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #8
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp17 View Post
I know its hard to tell sometimes but have you noticed any difference?
I gained like 10 HP. Just kidding

I have had the oil in there for around 400 miles I think, and I am not sure if I could tell the difference. (I got new tires at the same time, Hankook RS-3, and they seem to have more noise and transfer more of the road than the Sumitomo HTR Z III that I had so that is the main difference I have been noticing...) Otherwise it feels the same Without an oil temp/oil pressure gauge I can't really tell if things are the same, and I'm unsure if I would be able to tell a difference anyway using those gauges if I had them )

I did have a UOA done by Blackstone with the Castrol Edge 5W40 I was running before, and I can compare that with the UOA I will do when it is time to change this oil, but even then it may not be as meaningful due to the differences in the oil, and cross contamination between the old Castrol Edge in the engine and the new DT40.

I guess it is mostly a "peace of mind" thing, like changing out the IMS bearing. I wanted to use the best IMS bearing, and I want to use the best possible oil that I can. Right now I believe it to be the DT 40

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote