View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Porsche dealership service definitely has two levels..

There's the white-gloved 911 and Cayenne service, and there's the 986 service.

The 911 service is obviously no trace kind of work. No spills, scratches, perfect job.

The 986 service is bleed brakes with wheels on, get fluid all over inner barrel of wheel which leaves a massive residue only brake cleaner will dissolve, which gets on the outer re-painted rim, leave bleeder valves wet with fluid, leave two new scratches, and call it done as long as the cheap-ass 986 owner doesn't complain since he never looks under there anyway....and as long as the brakes now work as they should before Joey Boxster over here played with the brakes outside his trailer, job done.

Obviously a phone call Monday. Since I installed new rear pads, I had the rears off anyway and washed them. Took forever, was a huge mess.

I have never seen such sloppy work, and expected Porsche standards.

***Re-posted this because last one was hijacked and locked. Seems like a legit topic, hope others will join back in.

I simply plan to ask why I got such sloppy service when obviously a new 911 would not get that treatment. I hate to think there's a 911 team and a 'all other beater Porsches' team, or that new guys get to touch 986 and less. As I see it, if I am paying their shop cost, I expect a Pinto wagon to get the same clean work and attention to detail.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote