View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
jb92563

Fuel pressure is good at idle 45 psi vs spec 47 psi
Beyond idle 57 psi vs 55 psi spec

I measured fuel flow at 3 locations.

just before fuel filter 1650 ml per 30 second s.
at fuel rail schreader valve 350 ml per 30 sec
At fuel return 825ml per 30 sec vs spec 850ml per 30

I also did the smoke testing and found no vacuum leaks except a very minor one at the intake variable length intake tuning flap bearing. Its in the second intake manifold crossover.

Smoke Tester config that worked: Old paint can with a scrap rag soaked in baby oil, crumpled up and lit on fire. Air compressor line into can at 3-5 psi and a line out near the top of the can.
Turn on air compressor, light the rag on fire and close the paint can lid. I also threw the cigar in there for good measure since the cigar only method did not work for me.
It then produce lots of smoke for a couple minutes before you have to relight it. I had to relight a couple times to be fully satisfied that the system was completely smoked through.
I put a plastic bag around the air filter and reinstalled it to effectively seal the intake system. I removed the MAF since you don't want to foul it with smoke residue and I used the MAF opening to introduce the smoke till it exited the oil cap, which I then closed and looked for smoke leaks.
Then I did the test again but this time with the smoke being injected at the oil fill until exiting the MAF opening and then I sealed the MAF opening and checked for leaks.

So no Vacuum leaks is the verdict on that.

The test drive did not exhibit the hesitation this time but seems to run a bit milder with less aggressive more normal acceleration than previous test drives.

Perhaps the computer is relearning and fine tuning the curves?

I wonder what the odds are that the DME computer is having issues or gone bad?
Do those fail often?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-27-2014 at 06:28 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote