View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #8
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I'd be concerned in regards to how do you know this is the only piece floating around in the engine ? Is there more lodged some where obstructing oil flow ? Or what if a piece is stuck in the oil bypass portion of the oil filter ? The oil bypass allows unfiltered oil to bypass the filter when starting the engine cold, if a piece of FOD gets jammed in/under the bypass portion it would not close so it would be in permanent bypass mode. I hope I'm way off base but I'd be concerned.
Exactly my thoughts And worries.

Things that do help ease my mind, I have never seen a spec of anything on the filter in 2 oil changes, and also during inspecting the filter in between a change. I just had an oil analysis done by blackstone and it showed all normal amounts of wear metal; nothing unusual except an elevated level of silicon which I believe was due to some excess sealant inside the motor from a previous repair where the person was overzealous with sealant. I have the LN Magnetic drain plug (was clean), and also the LN oil filter spin on adapter which should resolve the drain bypass. And the part number is from the oil pickup tube; that is the only puzzling thing... I think I am going to just order one and see where the part number is to verify if that is what it could be.

Very puzzling (and irritating ) and I am not driving the car... blah...

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote