View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #14
jb92563

Thanks for the words of encouragement XCELLR8.

Its nice having the tools (Durametric) but if you dont know how to interpret the data your not getting maximum bang out of it.

I bought a couple cigars last evening for my DIY smoke machine for vacuum leak detection. That should be amusing and of course a video will follow with the results.

I'll be getting a Fuel pressure gauge this evening and have read how to measure flow rate....so many liters per minute although I forget the exact number but will document it here when I do the test. (No codes yet)

update- I discoved that Autozone Loans equipment, no charge, so I brought home a nice expensive fuel pressure test gauge for my weekend pressure test...nice surprise.

The car is at 74K miles so replacing a few parts was due anyway so it wasn't unexpected. However the failed AOS precipitated this issue which I find rather odd, so I am expecting to see some vacuum leaks in that area and would make a lot of sense.

Not really expecting a fuel pressure issue but since its easy to check I might as well do it.

I did read something about the Fuel injector rail port where the pressure guage would connect to and wondered if a new washer was necessary when replacing the cap? I read that its a Schroeder valve ?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 05-23-2014 at 08:43 PM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote