View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Allen K. Littlefield

Lithium batteries?

Any buddy use one of these? How much longer do they last over conventional batteries? If twice as long maybe the price could be justified. I have just looked at one for around $200 and weighs next to nothing. Do they have enough cranking power for our cars? Do they need special tenders or can my Porsche battery maintainer be used to keep them charged? I did a search for all posts concerning batteries but none really addressed the pros & cons of this type of unit over lead style units. How about mounting them, any tricks needed to secure them? Any help appreciated.
Also looking at a small Odyssey unit that weighs around 15 lbs. Anyone have one of these and how long do they last? I am looking to replace my Braille unit that has lasted about 2 years. Is this a good lifespan for gel type lightweight examples or did it die prematurely? I have had it plugged into a Porsche maintainer and it will still start the car but it looks like it will not hold a charge for any length of time by the looks of it so something new is in the works.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote