View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #19
whitecliffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyakubuke View Post
your skill level is way above mine. I tried several times to wrap the center console. never could get it looking good (ie. no bubbles or tears or creases). finally gave up, just going to hydro-dip it.
Thanks it was a pain to get right but worth it in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
+1 on that. I figure that until I drop the 35-40 extra pounds I'm carrying there's no point picking on the car. Those sport seats are getting a tad tight!
On a diet myself, i'm just under 13 stone and it's the max for my seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
What about the fan that pulls air into the engine compartment from the right air vent? With headers, no cats, and a small muffler my engine bay is not nearly as cluttered and I'm guessing cools easier. I imagine pulling the sound deadening helps cool everything off as well
Will have a look at that this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
if you remove a/c and power steering you have to sort out new belt routing. only way i can see is gsr sell a dummy pulley. otherwiise the a/c compressor is the same for 986/987/981 and the cayman r has an oem dummy pulley you can buy (ie, sucoast or bgb sell it).

steering is heavy with no ps (ie belt off) because you are still pushing fluid through the pump. you can convert the steering rack to manual, but note that most cars that are running manual steering conversion racks are (a) much lighter, and (b) have narrower front tires, so less steering effort required. i did find one guy with a 996 that was running a manual rack who said it was no biggie. factory race teames use a trw electric pump. no great weight loss, but you get better weight distribution (mounts low in front trunk instead of high on engine). buy them on ebay.uk for under $200. gsr sells the rest of the conversion parts required.
Think i'll leave this one then, thanks for the info
whitecliffs is offline   Reply With Quote