View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #85
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post

Then still doesn't make sense to me why any party would need to hire a lawyer. I was convinced the insuranceCo' adjuster had a black book in hand and was quoting accordingly - in case of total loss anyway. Lawyers or not, not sure with what they could assist.
Because lawyers here know how to work the insurance adjusters who make out the checks. They're more like 'inside men' who have been down this road countless times. They know what is an outrageous claim and what is a reasonable one. They may reach out to a Porsche shop and ask them to provide an appraisal of what an old Porsche is worth and then forward that to the adjuster to refute. My own indy did this for a 944 that caught fire or something but was fully covered by the owner. The owner was able to get a higher pay out than what the standard valuation for a 20+ year old car would be. 986's are not quiet 20 years old yet but values can vary wildly in the our markets depending on region, condition and supply. My take is that a person filing a claim like this entirely on their own expecting the best price possible is going to get screwed.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote