View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truviking View Post
I almost went for the Mich's Super Sports but they are only a 30,000 tire...or is that the norm for tires lin this performance category?
Edit: didn't realize how old of a thread this way

I think most folks are happy if they get 15,000 out of the backs and 30,000 out of the fronts of any decent summer tire. For extreme summer performance I think folks would be ecstatic

I am running Sumitomo HTR Z III and the fronts are shot after about 30,000 and the backs are down to around 6/32 after around 8,000. I figure that starting with a new tire at 10/32 and the wear bars at 2/32 I am around halfway though the life of the rears and could probably get another 8,000 out of them, but I am going with a set of Hankook RS-3. I have been happy with the Sumis but I don't want to buy another set of fronts and have to go through 2 more sets of backs before wearing out the whole set together.

The reason I am stepping up in tires is because I am starting to do more track days and autocross.

If I wasn't doing track days I would be happy to stay with the Sumitomo, or right now on tire rack the Kumho Ecsta LE 9whichever one is the max summer tire) has a $100 rebate so a set of 17's in 225/45 and 255/40 comes to just over $300.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote