View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #12
BIGJake111

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
I hate to say it but in 30 years all the baby boomers that have fond recollections and value these cars will be dead and the kids left with these ancient hulks of environmentally unfriendly, gas guzzling, passenger and driver unfriendly, decomposing plastic and metal heaps will be using them for boat anchors or sending them to the recyclers to gain some carbon credits.

Those that are selling now are getting out while the demand is high, incomes are still good and the supply is somewhat limited. Smart move!

Its best to get what you want now and enjoy it now as those that follow will likely not see the value in them, except for a very few, and these relics will just disappear into oblivion in favor of newer technology vehicles. Forget about the long term investment aspect as that will plummet at some point when the technology is so arcane that the demand diminishes to nothing.

How many of you would chose a Model T over a Boxster these days?
Few will see the value or desire the older technology vehicles at some point regardless of how rare they may be.

How many cars from 40 years ago are still around? They are all scrap metal but for a very few, out of Billions that were sold.

That's why I don't get why you would buy a car that your not willing to enjoy now while you can.

Just Saying...
I wouldn't pay what is currently being asked but your points seem to contradict themselves, even outside of technology and use many people will want the very few left here many years down the road. I can't think of any old car that has virtually dimished to no value despite few being alive that could have owned them when new. Think of pre war cars.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote