View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
jb92563

I tried cleaning the MAF with throttle body cleaner spray, and was getting the P0507 Idle air control value fault and then the P0102 MAF fault, so I thought I messed up the maf.

I was also getting bad readings on the digital dipstick as one day it showed 1 bar down from full and then after a test drive it was showing 1 bar from the bottom. Now its showing 1 bar down from full again.

A good reason to never trust the digital dipstick.

Today I bought some MAF cleaner spray and sprayed the heck out of it in every nook and cranny, and to my utter surprise the car suddenly shows no faults and purrs like a kitten again.

Wow, that maf is very sensitive and picky on what its cleaned with. Seems like any kind of residue what so ever and it will not work right.

Update -
By the end of the first day driving around with the cleaned MAF it started to stumble again on harder accelleration.
This time it throws codes P1126 and P1133 along with the check engine light.

Based on the forum searches its pointing back to the MAF again and apparently when the MAF is on its way out it can sometimes be revived temporarily with a cleaning.

I ordered a new MAF from Pelican.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 04-29-2014 at 05:51 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote