View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
steved0x

Possible solution for CEL when using headers on 2000+, an O2 spacer with a mini-cat..

My son is having a 420 on his 99 Miata - Catalytic Converter not operating at efficiency (paraphrasing...) Apparently this is common on 99-2000 Miatas. it has a new cat but this code is still popping from time to time.

While researching on the Miata forum some folks have had success with an O2 spacer, that has a mini CAT in it.

O2 Simulator Mini Cat Cel Fix best oxygen sensor simulator made.

I thought it was just going to be another spacer (and this vendor sells the spacers too) but it has a little honeycomb of catalytic converter material in there.

I know some boxster folks get a CEL when putting in performance headers because they lose the first set of cats, and the performance headers with the sport cats are super $$$, so I thought I would pass that along.

I may buy this for my son's Miata but first I am going to make sure that the other causes are eliminated (exhaust leaks and so forth), but I just wanted to pass it along.

Has anyone ever seen or used anything like this before? Is the regular spacer usually good enough?

Thanks

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote