View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
steved0x

What was the condition of the bleed cap on the slave cylinder bleed screw? Mine was still there but it was very hard and totally fell apart as I was removing it. I didn't have one to replace it with so I left it uncovered, which gives the possibility of dirt or other contaminants getting in there and possibly blocking the flow the next time I do a bleed flush. (If your cap was in bad shape or missing maybe some dirt got in there?) But I heard you can shoot brake cleaner into the bleed screw and help to dissolve this when I do my next bleed/flush.

On my old Tacoma I did a bleed with the motive bleeder and I couldn't get any flow on one of the brake bleed screws, so I went in the cab and pushed the brake pedal while it was bleeding, and that extra force cleared the blockage.

Maybe you can shoot some brake cleaner into the bleed screw, hook up the motive and pressurize it, open the bleed screw, and have someone pump the clutch a few times to provide a little extra force and maybe clear the blockage?

When I did mine the stream was steady, but I wouldn't say it was significant by any stretch. It was slow and steady.

Steve
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote