View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #8
clickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
JFP is about to jump in here and ask "Why the heck are you guys taking that out in the first place?", which is actually a pretty valid question as there really is no need to remove it or remove fluid from the reservoir prior to doing a flush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Just buy a Motive PowerBleeder, fill it with new fluid, and push out all the old through the furthest most brake caliper bleed nipple.
It's easier and far faster that attempting to suck out the old stuff with a turkey baster or whatever method you're planning to use.
I saw the thread where JFP said not to take it out, so I tried that. I had only one litre of gold fluid to go into the Motive bleeder, and when it was nearing empty the reservoir still looked thoroughly blue and the fluid coming out of the right rear bleeder was still mostly blue. So I don't know how much fluid you really need to do it that way, but clearly I didn't have enough.

It's been a couple years since I did it last, and, since I can barely remember last week, I've forgotten how I did it, but I do remember that I only needed one litre of fluid that time.