View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
One liter is more than enough, I have no idea why Pelican thinks you need that much. ATE Gold (also known as ATE 200) is an amber yellow color.
I second this, I have never used more than 1 liter even when doing a full flush on the brakes and clutch. I think I even had enough left over to do the clutch on my son's Miata too (separate system on the Miata, not shared like clutch and brakes on the boxster)

Another interesting thing, the first time I used super blue, I had a mechanic bleed only the brakes. The next time had the car up and the panels etc. off I bled the clutch and it came out totally blue, no trace of amber. But I get an inch or two of amber out of the inner bleed screw on each caliper. Apparently my mechanic bled only the outer screw, and the amber remained there. But the clutch fluid somehow circulated and mixed with the fresh brake fluid. Interesting. I wonder if others have seen that same thing? Getting to the clutch bleed screw is a !@#$%$ and if it gets fresh fluid by mixing with the rest of the fluid then maybe I don't have to do it every time
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote