View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:51 AM   #3
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo-r View Post
- Black Label European Power Bleeder Kit ($69.95)
I wish I had gotten the "black label"; I got the regular one, which has a plastic cap, which works well, but the black label has a metal cap, and also a swivel which makes it much easier when you thread the cap on and off. And I think it has a longer hose too.

At first I would put the fluid in the Motive bleeder and do it that way, but lately I have been using something like the following to suction as much of the old fluid out of the reservoir:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C37BB1A/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I put in fresh fluid, and just use the bleeder to provide the pressure to push the fluid through. Since it is a screw adapter (unlike the Toyota ones where you have to use a chain) it is easy to open and add new fluid. In my opinion less messy that way.

I bought some silicone tubing from lowe's that fits over the bleed nipples just right. I used to have a little bleed kit like this:

One Man Brake Bleeder Kit

With little pointy pieces that you stuck inside the bleed nipple, which worked ok, but the bigger tube that slips over the bleeder works better for me.

If no fluid comes out of your bleed nipple (if some debris or something got stuck in there, less likely if the cap has been on) you can have someone press the brake pedal when you open the bleed screw, or you can shoot a little brake cleaner in there.

You also need an 11mm wrench, the closed end of a box wrench will work if you don't have an 11mm flare wrench. I have heard that it is very bad to use pliers or an adjustable wrench and the open end of a box wrench because it is very easy to round the corners of the bleed screw and ruin it.

Steve

Good luck!!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote